Anyone else here?

Home Forums General Discussion Anyone else here?

This topic contains 34 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Wayne Dengler 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Ed Harris
    Participant

I agree with all of you and wish there were more activity here. I don’t do social media due to privacy issues. It might help if all of us would “ping” on the mods to post more articles here on the forum in the members only section, rather than dribbling them out on the blog and newsletter. I have lot of material which I have forwarded them, but I don’t know if any of it is being used other than maybe on the FaceBook page.

Currently I am having Sandy Garrett at Northern VA Gun Works go through three Colt New Service revolvers, a Cdn. WW1-issue .455 Eley, a US M1917 .45 ACP and a 1923 commercial in .45 Colt, all three guns with 5-1/2″ barrels and lanyard loops. Unfortunately I’m not able to upload pics here, because I don’t store my stuff on a cloud, and the system here doesn’t let you upload images directly.

A glimpse here: https://castbulletassoc.org/forum/thread/who-shoots-a-colt-new-service-what-caliber/

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Ed Harris. Reason: spelling correction

Wayne Dengler
    Participant

Top Dog here. Just joined up about an hour ago and wished I had done so much earlier.
    Vietnam vet (64-66) and then guarded the President (66-68) NOT SECTRET SERVICE,and then was an LEO for 40 yrs before retiring in ’08.
    Love Charter snubbies,have several

Have a couple of those new fangled “automagic” guns but much prefer revolvers. Saves me from chasing brass hither and yon to reload.

Top Dog

Kejek
    Participant

Good to see you Wayne. Most of the action is on fakebook, of which I am not a member. Found that out after paying $44. Smacks of being a bait-switch operation. Even this me-we thing is free, but another app to dnld.
    Probably w/n ante up again. Once you read it, that’s all there is. Ymmv.

Ed Harris
    Participant

Wayne,

Are you any relation to Dieter, who was a Naval aviator?

Did you ever run into a SGT Mike Hastings (USAF) who was detailed to White House Communications probably in your era?

Wayne Dengler
    Participant

Ed,
    Yes,Dieter is my cousin. Unfortunately he is now at Arlington National Cemetary (Feb’01) I have his book,Escape From Laos which is autographed as well as a letter to me in it. He was also the subject of the movie Rescue Dawn which was about 99.5% true and not “Hollywood embellished”.

I might have met Ed White but can honestly say that so many folks go in & out of the White House at any given time it is difficult to say if I can remember many.

Top Dog

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

X